Boyne Highlands is proud to host Pink Weekend — a weekend of community support for breast cancer awareness and detection benefiting the McLaren Northern Michigan Foundation. Join us for a weekend of fun and community, and take part in fundraising auctions and a host of other festive, fun and often informative activities. Riders and skiers of all ages – and genders – are invited to participate in a tribute ride to honor those affected, and serve as a reminder that a healthy, active lifestyle is one of the greatest means of cancer prevention. Visit the on-site cancer awareness outreach booth to learn more about what you can do.
With this year’s fundraising goal at $3,000, we will have raised more than $10,000 in the past 3 years, with proceeds going to the Kathleen Jontz Breast Health Fund, administered by the McLaren Northern Michigan Foundation. While our fundraising goal is important, our larger objective is to raise awareness and draw support for two outstanding programs that strive every day to improve the outlook those with breast cancer face – and to pave the way for a brighter future.
**Below are the details from last years Pink Weekend. Event details will be available 30 days prior to this years event!
Friday, February 24
- 5:30-9pm: Welcome Reception – Get your weekend off to a very pink start with pink lemonade, pink champagne, hot cocoa, chair massages, popcorn, cookies with pink frosting, event and breast cancer awareness information, and pink balloons.
- 5:30-9pm: Photo Booth – get your picture taken with friends and family in our fun photo booth and share to social media!
Saturday, February 25
- 8:30am-noon – Meet and Feed the Boyne Highlands horses and pony rides (suggested $5 donation per ride) – Equestrian Center
- 11am-3pm – Cancer Outreach Awareness Pink Zone – Outside Slopeside Lounge
- 11am-3pm – Experience snowboarding with our SnowSports Academy instructors (donations are appreciated) – SnowSports Academy (lower level of Day Lodge)
- Noon-3:30pm – Chinese & Silent Auction – Bid on a variety of unique items and gift baskets – Zoo Bar
- Noon-1:00pm – Rail Jam Registration, $10 donation will get you an entry, t-shirt and your signature on the tribute board, between Zoo Bar and Cafeteria
- 2pm – Rail Jam presented by The North Face – Base Area behind the Main Lodge
- 4pm – Awards Party, includes the winners of the silent auction, Chinese Auction, and giveaways – Zoo Bar
- 5:30-9:30pm – Pink Party Get your pink on with the most awesome Pink Party anywhere. The Remedee will have the Zoo Bar rocking from 5:30-9:30pm. A suggested $5 donation will go directly to the Kathleen Jontz Breast Health Fund, administered by the McLaren Northern Michigan Foundation. A full selection of pink drinks will be available!
Show your support
- When you mention the ‘Pink Lift Ticket Option’ when purchasing a lift ticket, you can donate a dollar to the cause and receive a pink ribbon sticker for your ticket or season pass.
- Donate Now
Kathleen Jontz Breast Health Fund
Through the McLaren Northern Michigan Foundation, the fund provides mammograms to women ages 40 – 64 years old who have no insurance or are underinsured and supports breast health educational programs in our community. In 2016, gifts to the Kathleen Jontz Breast Health Fund provided:
- 9 patients with digital mammography screenings
- 159 patients with follow up biopsies using the Steriotactic Breast Biopsy Table and Clinical Engineering Mammography – equipment funded through the Kathleen Jontz Breast Health Fund.
- 9,080 patients received mammograms with the comfort of Bella Blankets
For each of these women, donor generosity made it possible to receive the screening and testing they needed.
More News From Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands
Boyne Highlands On Facebook
Below are the latest postings from the Boyne Highlands Resort Page On Facebook.
This message is only visible to site admins